Follow by Email

Saturday, November 19, 2011

School Life

View from our Flat

Primary students playing "futball"
The SEK campus is a fabulous school, roughly a $1,000 per month to attend! Needless to say, these students are well-off. Im currently assigned to my mentor, Lorenzo, a hilarious man with excellent english speaking skills.  He heads the International Baccalaureate program, 17 & 18years olds for college prep classes for their important university entrance exams.  The students are so welcoming of me! Each class period they basically just interview me about my school experiences and life in the USA.  They are very glad to have a native english speaker to practice their skills.  They call me the "blonde one" since blondes are pretty rare in Spain.  But I'm having a blast here, the students are super cool and have promised to take me into town for their view of Spain. School roughly begins at 9:30 and ends at 5:00, but time is less structured here and clocks are rarely seen.  All the teachers speak at least two languages, and the students are tri-lingual from primary age.  The teachers are referred to by their first names! There is also a huge two hour break midday for lunch and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment